Rules of Play - Variety 50/50
- The 50/50 lottery will take place online from December 1st to December 25th and in person on December 3rd from 10:00am to 4:00pm at World’s Greatest Christmas Party event.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in 50/50 draws, both online and in-venue:
- Employees of Variety – the Children’s Charity of Ontario
- Volunteer ticket sellers
- Intoxicated people (In-venue sales)
- Persons under the age of 18
- Persons who are physically not in Ontario, Canada at the time of purchase
- Tickets will be sold using electronic raffle systems supplied by Canadian Bank Note Company (BUMP) Limited, an approved vendor of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
At a cost of:
$10 for 10/ $20 for 30/ $35 for 50/$50 for 100/
Players are solely responsible for maintaining and preserving the ticket(s) once it has been issued by the 50/50 system.
- All tickets are nonrefundable, and any voids will be processed at the backend.
- After purchase, sellers will give the purchaser a receipt with their 50/50 registered numbers from a Random Number Generation System. No specific numbers can be assigned.
- The winning number will be selected by a Random Number Generation (RNG) system from all raffle numbers sold for the draw of that specific draw event.
- The winning number will be announced on our social media channel- Variety Ontario’s Twitter account (@Variety_Ontario). It will also be posted on the Variety Ontario website within 48 hours at https://varietyontario.ca/variety5050/
- Early bird prize: Adult Blundstone gift certificate. The gift certificate can be redeemed for one pair of Adult Blundstone at Australian Boot Company. This gift certificate can be redeemed at 4 locations as below:
- 2644 Yonge St, Toronto | 698 Queen St. W, Toronto.
- 1969 West 4th Avenue, Vancouver | 104 Water St, Vancouver
The gift certificate will be automatically drawn on the BUMP Dashboard on December 15. Tickets sold from Dec 1 to Dec 15 at 8am will be eligible for the early bird prize draw. The early bird winner prize will still be eligible for the main draw.
- How to claim a prize:The winner can claim their prize, which will be awarded to them via cheque within 30 days of the claim date by contacting Tanishka Warekar at email@example.com or 416-699-7167 x 292 and then to arrange a date and time to come to Variety Ontario office and claim the prize.
- All prizes will be paid by cheque within 30 days of claiming a prize in the amount of the declared prize which is, at minimum, 50% of the total sales for that game. If the winner cannot provide photo I.D., then the winning proceeds will be held until such identification can be provided.
- The winning ticket holder has six months to claim their prize from the date of the draw, after which the prize will be donated to a charity other than Variety – the Children’s Charity of Ontario, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
- If no winner comes forward after six months, funds will be donated to a charity other than Variety – the Children’s Charity of Ontario, with the approval of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- While one lucky winner wins half of the Jackpot, while the other half goes directly to Variety to fund sport programs for children with a disability. It’s a win-win!
- The above set of rules will be posted online, and copies will be available at the event.
- The ticket will contain our license number.